Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interesting link: Australian hooping

I guess you caught me - for the past week when I should have been typing for school or blog, I have instead been googling hoop stuff.  This is partly for "research" and partly just me being nosy and wanting to see if this blog is showing up on any search engines.  (So far, it has not.)  But, I am learning a lot of stuff.

It turns out there are three types of "hoop dancers": 1) recreational hula hooping, 2) precision hooping (think Cirque Du Soleil) and 3) Native American hoop dancing.

I think Native American hoop dancing is much more like the precision hooping than recreational hula hooping.  I found this link that describes the two non-Native types.

Australian Hooping Cultures
(great site)

No comments:

Post a Comment