Sunday, February 13, 2011

Days to World's...357

Each day leads me one step closer to the big thing, the World Championship. And, really it means I have one day less of practice.   Today, like all days, I hope to learn new moves. 

Native American hoop dancing is basically a long dance routine of different hoop positions linked together in a single song.  My contest dance has to be about 5 minutes.  That's 300 seconds for those of us that need to know.  I figure 10 seconds for big positions and 5 seconds for easier ones.  That equals somewhere between 30 to 60 positions I need to get into then out of (in my 5 minutes.)  That's a lot of positions. 

This is an interesting dance. And it also can be frustrating. Sometimes, I can't figure out a move or perfect one. I imagine many people have trouble with hoop dancing. All I can do is try. You miss one hundred percent of the shots that you do not take.  I've decided to take this shot.

1 comment: