Friday, March 4, 2011

The Hoops Will Come Up Tomorrow...well, maybe

I might be doing parts of my new hoop dancing routine tomorrow.  My feelings are: excitement, fear, excitement, worry, excitement.

Last night, I had a giant job.  I had to decide what order to do my moves in.  Native American hoop dancing is mainly a sequence of hoop formations that the dancer does in order.  Prior to yesterday, I had a collection of about 40 formations/moves, some easy, others hard.  I had to pick my top 30 and figure out what move went smoothly with the next.  It took like 3 hours to plan the moves.  It was really made much hard by the fact that I was in my living room and practicing many of the bigger moves was out of the question (not to mention the throws).

Today, I have to memorize the moves, fight the urge to switch things around (surprisingly hard for me), and work on the transitions between the moves.  I also have to decide for sure whether I am dancing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment